So, I am a YouTube addict as is most of the healthy hair movement and while catching up with my daily subscription videos, I came across a wealth of ladies who did this tag and the questions seemed very fun and interesting to answer. I thought it also served as a great hair icebreaker seeing that I’m new to the hair blogging world. With that being said…. Let’s begin!
1. Why did you start your hair journey? I started my hair journey because when I first relaxed my hair, I had extremely thick Mid-back Length but I took if for granted and flat-ironed the life out of it until it became thin and peaked at arm-pit length, so I set out on a quest to get back my long, thick hair.
2. How long have you been on your hair journey? I began my hair journey in April, 2013 so I have been on my journey for two years and 3 months.
3. Are you natural, relaxed or transitioning? I am currently relaxed and I have been relaxed for 4 years now.
4. What is your hair length now? I am currently exactly bra strap length but I don’t want to claim it until all of my hair is exactly on my bra strap.
5.What is your goal length? My goal length is waist length, of course! Can’t wait!
6.What is your hair texture? Well I am biracial but strangely enough, my hair is the furthestttt thing from curly or kinky. It has a bit of a wave, it is very coarse however and not to mention thick, oh lord! So if I am typing it, I would say that it’s a 2c.
7.Health or Length? I would definitely say health and that has always been my opinion. I hate to see long, thin, damaged and stringy hair. It annoys me so much. It’s like one of my biggest pet peeves. This is probably why I am so scissors-happy. I cut my ends all the time because I love blunt, full ends. I prefer thick, full ear length hair over waist length, stringy hair any day. I also believe if your hair is healthy, length automatically comes.
8. If you could only live with one hair product, what would it be? I love all my product so much. Gosh. That’s a tough one! I’ll probably have to say my Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner because it has soooo many advantages. It’s cheap, has a lot of awesome ingredients for your hair in large amounts, it leaves my hair super soft, it smells delightful and the best part is, it can be used as a leave-in, deep conditioner and moisturizer. I just love that stuff !
9. What’s the worst product you’ve ever used? There isn’t a lot of bad products that I use because I usually do a lot of reviews on a product before I use it but if I had to choose, I would say Auntie Jackie’s Oh So Clean! Shampooo which was surprising to me because I loved the rest of this line on my hair but this shampoo left my hair very dry and stripped even though it was a sulfate-free shampoo.
10. What is your go to hair style? This is heavily dependent on where I am in stretch. I stretch my relaxer for 12 weeks so if I am between 1- 6 weeks post , my go- to style is an air-dried flexi- rod set which I will be posting a tutorial of soon and if I am 7- 12 weeks post, braid outs are my best friend and of course, buns are always present!
11. Are you a product junkie? A million times, yes! I love to go product shopping and try new products. I can be in a drugstore, mall, comestic shop, whatever…. You will definitely find me in the hair product aisle! However, my bad habit is controlled by the fact that I am a broke teenager and I am actually trying to stick to a specific product regimen so that I can achieve my desired results faster.
12. How often do you trim your ends? I don’t have a set frequency to trim my ends but I don ‘ t hesitate to just pick up those scissors as soon as my ends don’t look so great. If I had to average, I would say about 3 – 4 times a year but that’s a really rough estimation….. It all has to do with the state of my ends.
13. How often do you use heat ? I use heat on every relaxer day which rolls around 3- 4 times a year . The only other time I will use heat is for a special occasion that requires a sleek look.
14. Do you take supplements? I take daily supplements of 1000 mcg of biotin.
15. Favorite Oil? My favorite oil would have to be Jamaican black castor oil. I us it in everything….. My scalp massages, sealing my hair, prepoos, deep conditioners. This really helped me to regain my hair’s thickness and I love that !
16. Who is your hair crush? I have tons of hair crushes both relaxed and natural but for the sake of time and such I’ll just list two of each. For relaxed, I would have to say Ashley from the Happy Hair Show on YouTube and Whitney for prettywitty 77 on YouTube as well. My natural favorites are Naptural85 on YouTube and Glamtwins on YouTube also.
17. How long does it take you on Washday? At most, my wash day would take all day and at least it will range between 4-6 hours.
18.Worst thing that ever happened to your hair? The worst thing that ever happened to my hair was heat damage which had to be removed by cutting my hair in layers and now that I’m trying to grow them out evenly, I curse the day it ever happened.
19. Do you dye your hair, if so what colour? No, I don’t dye my hair but I wouldn’t mind doing a black rinse in the near future.
20.Who do you tag? I tag all bloggers reading this, or even if you don’t have a blog doing this tag would be great for assessing your hair journey this far.
Hope you enjoyed!
-Ms. Tress 🙂