Hey guys! Today I can’t even contain my excitement because Miss Tress blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by the beautiful Danielle, also known by her gravatar name of aquasurf00 of the blog, No More Ugly Hair. I would really like to thank her for this award and I wish her best of luck over at her blog which you can check out here.
*insert small emoticon celebration* 😊☺️😀😄😃⭐️👍✌️🍰🍪🎂🍦🍭🎵🎶🎧🎉🎊🎁🎈💝
Anyway, as most people in the world would do when they see, hear or experience something for the first time, I turned to my trusty friend Google for some info and I found that the Liebster Award is presented among the smaller blogging community (less than 200 followers), so that everyone can get to know each other in the blogging world! You must share 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions which were given to you by the person who nominated you and nominate 11 of your favourite blogs. So, let’s get started.
11 Things You Didn’t Know About Me!
1. I have a phobia for food that is sweet. I mean, it’s just yuck. I think dessert should be sweet and food should be salty, spicy, zesty etc. So, your girl be having some serious problems with sweet potatoes and honey BBQ chicken!
2. My life’s goal is to find the cure for at least one type of cancer. (Quick Story! I had a serious case of food poisoning, so I went to the hospital and somewhere in between running my ivy and taking a blood test I got into a heated “debate” with my doctor on wether or not a cure for cancer can be found. Of course, I didn’t have the years of medical training and so forth but my hope and faith was a force to be reckoned with) So, that’s when I decided that I absolutely needed to do this!
3. love to dance! I just can’t describe it or how it makes me feels but somewhere between the beat of the music and remembering the steps, I lose myself and become a completely different person and I LOVE it!
4. I am an online shopping addict but with stores like Charlotte Russe and Forever 21 in existence, can you blame a girl?
5. I am trilingual; I can speak English, Spanish and French.
6. I have two younger siblings, a brother and a sister.
7. I am 5’4… A bit on the shorter side but I don’t mind being shorter.
8. I am mixed with African, Indian and Spanish descent.
9. I like my underwear to match my outfits…. A bit TMI but hey… why not confess my underwear OCD to the world? Lol ☺️
10. I hate to wear slippers to go out…. You will most likely find me in whole flats or sandals! Mostly because I am flat footed so I need a shoe that will hold my foot in place to prevent my heels from going everywhere except the sole of my shoe…. So when I wear slipper with no support for my heels.. It’s a hot mess!
11. I love to daydream and stare into space. I think it’s a great way to relax your mind and escape from the world even if it’s only for a minute.
1. What is your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is pink/ purple…. I can’t pick one of them!
2. What is your #1 hair tip?
Deep Condition that hair gurl! It’s the most important thing that I think someone can do on their hair journey. Before mine, I never DCed, but as I began doing it weekly I saw a MAJOR difference in my hair’s health.
3. Who is your celebrity hair crush?
Nicki Minaj…. Omg! Her hair is absolutely gorgeous..I love it so much! It is relaxed, healthy, long and beautiful. All a girl can ask for!
4.What is your #1 hair regret?
Well, when I first relaxed my hair, it was superrrr thick and long… It was between mid back length and waist length but when my hair was natural… My mom never let me wear it in other style except cornrows, so when I had long straight hair all I wanted to do was flat iron it and wear it out all day, every day so after awhile heat damage shoved its way into my life and. I had to chop it all off to about armpit length. So my #1 regret would be abusing my luscious locks with heat.
5. What is your favourite food?
My favourite food is sphagetti and meatballs! Yum!
6. Who is your current favourite hair blogger?
Ooohh! That’s a toughie… There are so many but I would have to say Jen of Just Grow Already.
7.When did you start your hair journey?
I started my journey in April, 2013… About 1 year and 4 months ago.
8.Are you relaxed, natural or Texlaxed?
I am all relaxed, all the time!
9. What is your current hair length goal?
My current hair length goal is waist length… Ah!
10.How long is your hair currently?
My hair is currently Bra Strap Length (BSL).
11. What is your favourite protective style?
My favourite protective style…. Like the millions of other women out there in the world… Hair journey or not is*drumroll please* ….A bun! All kinds of buns, low, high, textured, braided… I love them!
My Nominees are:
My Questions for you:
1. What is your favourite part of your hair journey?
2. What is your holy grail product (one only) ?
3. What is your least favourite part of your hair regimen?
4. Who would you trade hair with in a second?
5. Coconut oil or Conditioner?
6. How do people react to your hair?
7. What is your favourite thing to do on wash days?
8. Ice cream or cake?
9. Would you rather go bald or temporarily insane?
10. What are your hobbies?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?