Hey guys!!!!! Summer is here and while we’re going to be experiencing those sun-kissed baths and adventures, it’s super easy for our hair to become dry and brittle in this time period and therefore breakage isn’t far away! So, I compiled a few tips to help you maintain the heart of your hair which you worked so hard to attain while still reveling in those memorable days and nights!
1. Less Heat Styling– During the summer months, the temperatures are at its annual climax and the heat and humidity is insane. Just think of the added stress your hair undergoes when it has to experience the environmental heat as well as heat from styling tools! Your hair can become extremely dry and will not only look frizzy but also very damaged. One can opt for heartless styles such as braid outs and twist outs which are great for your hair’s health and also gives that tousled, beach appearance.
2. Protective Styles– Keeping your hair tucked away off your shoulders and tucked away is the absolute most effective way to combat and damage which may occur in the summer…. But let’s be real, sometimes we just want that”wind blowing in your hair” freedom. So, I advise to do protective styles in moderation, maybe twice or three times per week. However, if you’re a person that enjoys your hair being tucked away, feel free to tuck it up as much as you would like.
3. Acessorizing for Protection – For those of us who still want to keep our hair down, using hair accessories such as hats and headbands can help reduce hair damage. They limit friction between your hair, the wind and the sun and therefore damage to your hair strands is minimal because your hair is not being manipulated extensively by the environmental elements.
4. Sunscreen Hair Hack- Products which contain spf are usually loaded with chemicals and very expensive. As a result, one simple hair hack is to apply the remainder of sunscreen on your hands to your hair after applying it to your skin! It’s super fast, easy and protects your hair strands from the UV rays of the sun which can lightening hair and dry out the moisture within your strands.
5. Saturate Hair with Water and Oil before Swimming- wetting hair before swimming fills it with water and so it can long absorb any more water when you get into the pool or ocean. Think of your hair as a sponge! Coating it with oil lock in the moisture from the water and creates a barrier between your hair strands and the pool or sea water so it just slides of your strands, causing them no harm!
Well, I hope these tips help you to maintain your hair and that you have the most fun- filled vacation ever!!!!! Don’t forget to follow my blog to keep up with the hair fun and follow me on IG @iam_misstress for more hair pics and almost daily uploads.